ESCAPES AT OLIVES AND VINES – THE HOUSE
The venue for our Escapes and holiday courses is Mas des Avelines; a luxurious newly renovated house in Provence. The house is set in the peaceful undulating hills north of Bandol, and is just a short distance from the coast. Mas des Avelines is set in its own extensive private grounds with a heated swimming pool and sleeps up to ten people. The Provencal mas (farmhouse) has been restored to an exceptionally high standard to combine modern style and comfort, with traditional features.
Set in approximately four acres of private gardens and grounds, Mas des Avelines offers a swimming pool, pool house, shady terraces, a volley ball court and extensive private grounds with olive and fruit trees. The pool terrace steals the show with its sitting area, al fresco kitchen and dining area. A perfect place for relaxation, or for sun lovers and stargazers.
The house is light and airy with five ensuite double bedrooms. The spacious open plan living area has doors opening straight onto a terrace, from here there are far reaching views across the beautiful Provencal vineyards and landscape.
The nearest village, Le Castellet, is extremely pretty and has wonderful views from the church square. The little winding streets are great to wander through, with plenty of stylish boutiques, cafes and restaurants to discover. La Cadière d’Azur, just four kms away from the house, is equally lovely with old narrow streets and the remains of the old ramparts.
The coast is ten minutes drive away and includes the beaches at Bandol, St Cyr sur Mer and Sanary sur Mer. Bandol makes a wonderful trip out with its busy harbour, great cafés and acres of yachts in the marina to explore. Towards the west is La Ciotat with beautiful beaches and one of our favourite places, the port of Cassis. The beach at Cassis is pebbly, but there are walking trails across the Calanques which offer spectacular scenery. The Calanques, now a national park, is a stunning area of dramatic limestone sea cliffs, gorges and turquoise creeks.
Shortly after opening in July 2014, Mas des Avelines was awarded the coveted 5 star rating, the top national quality accreditation, in the holiday accommodation category by the French Tourist Board.
* Sleeps ten in five ensuite bedrooms
* One easily accessible ground floor bedroom
* Egyptian cotton sheets
* Spacious living room with sofas
* Flat screen 3D surround sound TV
* English Freesat plus DVD and Sonos system
* Dining table seating fourteen
* Ground Floor WC
* Hallway with ample storage
* Two Neff pyrolytic ovens
* Five ring induction hob
* Full height larder fridge and full height fridge freezer
* American fridge freezer for drinks
* Wine fridge
* Nespresso machine and kettle
* 2 dishwashers
* Four acres of private grounds with olive and fruit trees
* 14 x 5m salt water heated swimming pool and outdoor shower
* Pool house with sofas and outdoor fireplace
* Shower room with washer dryer and ironing facilities.
* Outdoor pool kitchen and dining area with charcoal BBQ and Sonos system.
* Large patio with dining table seating 12
* Breakfast terrace
* Seating area by entrance with sofas
* Shaded seating area with a pizza oven
* Beach volleyball/badminton court
* Table tennis table
* Ample private parking